Starting today, MetroAir will be accepting applications for a few positions. If you have been wondering how else you can contribute, please consider applying for the following positions.
- Scheduling And Operations Gurus [Multiple positions available]
- Hub Manager
- HR Manager
- Pilot**at MetroAir Virtual for a minimum of one month
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to participate in staff meetings on Teamspeak and Skype
- A minimum of 5 hours a week to dedicate to roles and responsibilities at MetroAir
If you would like to apply for one or more of these positions, please answer the following questions and send an email to
- Which position(s) are you applying for?
- How long have you been a pilot at MetroAir? If you have been rehired, indicate time since your latest rehire date.
- Have you ever been terminated from MetroAir Virtual due to disciplinary reasons or due to failure to abide to MetroAir policies? If so, indicate what the nature of your termination.
- How much time per week do you have to allocate to MetroAir responsibilities?
- What timezone are you in?
- Do you use Skype? If so, what is your username.
- What interests you about the position? [Note: If you are applying for multiple positions, please answer for each job you are applying for]
- What are your expectations of the position? [Note: If you are applying for multiple positions, please answer for each job you are applying for]
- Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for the position? [Note: If you are applying for multiple positions, please answer for each job you are applying for]
- What direct experience fo you have that related to the position? [Note: If you are applying for multiple positions, please answer for each job you are applying for]
- What makes you stand out from other candidates?
- What are some of your hobbies outside of MetroAir?
- [Hub Manager Applicants] How would you help new pilots at MetroAir?
- [HR Manager Applicants] How would you handle an application for a pilot who has previously been terminated on more than one occasion due to failure to complete in 30 days.
- [Operations and Scheduling Applicants] How would you go about adding a new flight to the schedule? Specifically, what types of red flags would pop up causing you to not add the flight to the schedule? What other steps do you think are needed when planning a flight?
Feel free to add any additional comments or information that you think is important when your application is reviewed.