As mentioned a little over a year ago in a similarly titled post, we are tweaking the requirements for impromptu event flights to make it work a little better.
What are Impromptu Events?
More and more of you flying online while using ACARS. The idea came up to offer you guys a way of earning an event bonus without participating in a “planned” event. This event would be initiated by you guys… the pilots of MetroAir. Get yourself and a minimum of
3 1 other pilot online and make a group flight together from and to where ever you’d like within the MetroAir scheduling system; make the flight on Vatsim while using ACARS, and while logged on to Teamspeak. It’s that simple. Of course you have to fly within your CAT ratings. Other than that, meet the criteria and everyone who makes the flight will receive the event bonus!
As our CEO Matt Calsada put it:
“Improv at Sweetwaters
Anyday. Everyday. Anytime.
Event Coordinator: YOU!”
Conditions to be met for event bonus:
1. Flight must be made with at least 1 other MetroAir pilot.
2. All participating pilots must depart and arrive the same airports.
3. Flight must be made on the Vatsim Network.
4. Participating pilots must be using MetACARS.
5. Participating pilots must be on our Teamspeak server.
6. When filing your pirep make sure that you put a note that it was an “IMPROMPTU EVENT” in the Pirep pilot notes area with the names of your fellow impromptu event pilots.
Note The event requirements may be tweaked a bit after we see how the program works out.