After many years of dedicated service to the Ops department, Mike Adamo has now stepped down from his position of Charter Director due to increased work responsibilities. He will however be staying on as a pilot and may well return to staff in the future. As Mike has stepped down we are pleased to announce that Alex Norgaard has been promoted to the position of Director of Charter Operations. With Alex’s promotion this now leaves a vacancy within the Ops team.
Thinking about joining MetroAir staff? Have you been wondering how else you can contribute to the airline? If so, please consider applying. MetroAir is looking for a new Director of Aircraft Operations.
1. Develop ferry schedule for new and existing aircraft.
2. Maintain aircraft in the Operations panel to ensure ferry flights can be flown by pilots at the appropriate times.
3. Continue the maintenance schedule and review aircraft cycles and hours to ensure aircraft are receiving the proper maintenance checks.
4. Work with the entire scheduling department to ensure there are no conflicts with aircraft.
5. Learn the basics of scheduling and operations and be able to assist the scheduling department with other Operational needs as they arise.
6. While the initial focus will be on generating ferry schedules and maintaining related flights, additional scheduling duties will be required such as working with backend systems to create accurate reports for individual aircraft and airport gate slots.
7. Assist in the maintenance of scheduled and seasonal scheduled service.
- Pilot at MetroAir Virtual for a minimum of one month on or before March 20th, 2012
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with the entire staff
- Ability to participate in staff meetings on Teamspeak. [General staff meetings are held monthly (Sun PM). Operations department meetings are held weekly (Tue PM).]
- A minimum of 5 hours a week to dedicate to roles and responsibilities at MetroAir (Will vary from week to week)
- Ability to research airport information to determine basic information required for scheduling flights
- Ability to determine flight viability based on available aircraft, their ranges and market needs
If you would like to apply to be the Director of Aircraft Operations, please answer the following questions and send an email to:
- How long have you been a pilot at MetroAir? If you have been rehired, indicate time since your latest rehire date.
- Have you ever been terminated from MetroAir Virtual due to disciplinary reasons or due to failure to abide to MetroAir policies? If so, indicate what the nature of your termination.
- How much time per week do you have to allocate to MetroAir responsibilities?
- What timezone are you in?
- Do you use Skype? If so, what is your username.
- What interests you about the position?
- What are your expectations of the position?
- Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for the position?
- What direct experience do you have that related to the position?
- What makes you stand out from other candidates?
- What are some of your hobbies outside of MetroAir?
- How would you choose a new destination for MetroAir? List factors that you would consider and try to explain the reasoning.
- What other steps do you think are needed when scheduling a flight?
Feel free to add any additional comments or information that you think is important when your application is reviewed.
The deadline for applying is Tuesday March 20th at 11:59am (noon) Eastern. If you have questions about the applications, feel free to send an email to the above mentioned email address for any additional clarification.