Rob Strain has been our Fleet Director for about six months now and since joining the staff has proved to be a vital member of the operations team. Some of his achievements include expanding MetroAir with more than 100 new routes and competing much needed maintenance on the fleet. As of Dec. 1, Rob transferred to the Director of Media and Marketing position. With Rob’s transfer, this now leaves a vacancy in the operations department.
So with that said, have you ever though about joining the MetroAir staff? Have you been wondering how else you can contribute to the airline? If so, please consider applying. MetroAir is looking for a new Fleet Director.
1. Create and maintain a full ferry schedule for new and existing aircraft
2. Maintain aircraft in the Operations panel to ensure ferry flights can be flown by pilots at the appropriate times.
3. Create a new maintenance schedule for our aircraft to ensure all fleet types receive the correct maintenance.
*4. *Work with the entire operations team to ensure any conflicts within the schedule can be found and rectified.
*5. *Learn the basics of scheduling and act as an operations assistant to assist other department members should other duties arise.
*6. *Work with backend systems to create accurate reports for individual aircraft and airport gate slots.
- Pilot at MetroAir Virtual for a minimum of 3 months at the time of submitting this application.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of staff and departments.
- Ability to participate in staff meetings on Teamspeak. [General staff meetings are held monthly on Sundays and weekly operations meetings which are held every Tuesday evening.]
- A minimum of 5 hours a week to dedicate to roles and responsibilities at MetroAir (Time will vary from week to week)
- Ability to research airport information to determine basic information required for scheduling flights.
- Ability to determine flight viability based on available aircraft, their ranges and market needs.
If you would like to apply to be the Fleet Director, please answer the following questions and send an email to:
- How long have you been a pilot at MetroAir? If you have been rehired, indicate time since your latest rehire date.
- Have you ever been terminated from MetroAir Virtual due to disciplinary reasons or due to failure to abide to MetroAir policies? If so, indicate what the nature of your termination.
- How much time per week do you have to allocate to MetroAir responsibilities?
- What timezone are you in?
- Do you use Skype? If so, what is your username.
- What interests you about the position?
- What are your expectations of the position?
- Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for the position?
- What direct experience do you have that is related to the position?
- What makes you stand out from other candidates?
- What are some of your hobbies outside of MetroAir?
- How would you choose a new destination for MetroAir? List the factors that you would consider and try to explain the reasoning.
- How would you go about organising a ferry schedule for a new fleet type? List some of the details you would expect to be in a ferry schedule and the tools you would use to create it.
Please feel free to add any additional comments or information that you think is important when your application is reviewed.
If you have questions about this application, feel free to send an email to the above mentioned email address for any additional clarification.
We look forward to hearing from you.