With Derrick’s recent promotion we are officially opening the application process for those interested in applying to be a MetroAir Hub Manager.
Kansas City is our flagship hub. It’s Hub Manager is a high visibility position and comes with the prestige of representing our airline’s headquarters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing pilot PiReps and acting as the first level of support for hub pilots. Hub Managers also welcome new pilots to their hub among other duties.
Being a Hub Manager is a position that requires time, commitment and dedication to our hobby (not to mention a passion for MetroAir!). MetroAir Hub Managers are expected to establish a good rapport with the pilot base and also contribute to management discussions.
For complete information about the position including description and requirements can be found on the Hub Manager job description.
- 45 Days or more in active flight time with MetroAir
- 45 Days or more in active forum use at MetroAir
- Be able to send and receive emails pertaining to MetroAir business at least once every 24 hours.
- Be able to process outstanding pireps at least once every 24 hours
- Possess the ability to work well in a team
- Must have excellent people and communication skills
- Must have the ability to participate in staff meetings on Teamspeak. [General staff meetings are held monthly (Sun PM) and participate in Hub Management department meetings will be held weekly (Sun PM)
- Be able to commit a minimum of 5 hours per week dedicated to roles and responsibilities at MetroAir (Will vary from week to week) This includes spending time in TeamSpeak interacting with management and pilots.
- Must have a Vatsim ID and have the ability to make flights online.
- Possess the drive to see MetroAir grow and prosper
Make no less than 4 flights per month
If you would like to apply to join the hub management team, please answer the following questions and send an email to:
- How long have you been a pilot at MetroAir? If you have been rehired, indicate time since your latest rehire date.
- Have you ever been terminated from MetroAir Virtual due to disciplinary reasons or due to failure to abide to MetroAir policies? If so, indicate what the nature of your termination.
- How much time per week do you have to allocate to MetroAir responsibilities?
- How many flights have you made in the last 30 days for MetroAir? How many of these flights were on the Vatsim network?
- What timezone are you in?
- Do you use Skype? If so, what is your username.
- What interests you about the position?
- What are your expectations of the position?
- Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for the position?
- What direct experience do you have that’s related to the position?
- What makes you stand out from other candidates?
- How often are you on the MetroAir TeamSpeak server?
- What are some of your hobbies outside of MetroAir?
Feel free to add any additional comments or information that you think is important when your application is reviewed.
Good luck! This application process will end officially on February 4th, 2013 at 6:00PM EST, however the position may be announced early if the right applicant applies. If you genuinely love helping your fellow pilot and would like to be part of our management team don’t waste another second! This position is not going to remain open for long.