At the end of April we said goodbye to a long serving staff member, Zak Winnick, who has now left the staff at MetroAir due to his busy real world schedule and his upcoming wedding plans. We wanted to thank Zak for all his years of service and hard work he has show over the years. I am sure you will join all the staff in wishing him well with his future and best wishes for his wedding day.
So with his departure this now leaves a position in the Ops department vacant and MetroAir is seeking candidates to make the leap into the amazing world of Virtual Airline management. Do you think you have what it takes? Now is the time to make yourself known!
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and managing all of the Charter flights which are launched throughout the course of a year and maintaining an organised set of charter and seasonal schedules. The main responsibility will be to create the two main charter periods (Summer & Winter) as well as develop new ‘Seasonal Flights’. While those are the main roles it will also be necessary to create occasional Ad-hoc and Legacy 600 flights and to also assist other members of the department from time to time.
Being in the Operations Department is a position that requires time, commitment and dedication to our hobby (not to mention a passion for MetroAir!). MetroAir Operations Staff are expected to have good punctuality, organisational skill and also contribute to management discussions.
- 30 Days or more in active flight time with MetroAir
- 30 Days or more in active forum use at MetroAir
- Be able to send and receive emails pertaining to MetroAir business at least once every 48 hours.
- Possess the ability to work well in a team
- Must have excellent people and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of excel spreadsheets and word documents to create tables and record data)
- Must have the ability to participate in staff meetings on Teamspeak. [General staff meetings are held monthly (Wed PM) and participate in Ops department meetings which will be held weekly]
- Be able to commit a minimum of 5 hours per week dedicated to roles and responsibilities at MetroAir (Will vary from week to week) This includes spending time in TeamSpeak interacting with management and pilots.
- Must have a desire to research new airports and destinations
Possess the drive to see MetroAir grow and prosper
If you would like to apply to join the Operations team, please answer the following questions and send an email to: [email protected]
- Name/Pilot ID
- How long have you been a pilot at MetroAir? If you have been rehired, indicate time since your latest rehire date.
- Have you ever been terminated from MetroAir Virtual due to disciplinary reasons or due to failure to abide to MetroAir policies? If so, indicate what the nature of your termination.
- How much time per week do you have to allocate to MetroAir responsibilities?
- What timezone are you in?
- Do you use Skype? If so, what is your username.
- What interests you about the position and what are your expectations?
- What direct experience do you have that’s related to the position
- Lastly this question will require some of your creative mind! As the role of Charters is to be ‘Ad-hoc’ and ‘different’ from a scheduled flight, it gives you the opportunity to send our aircraft around the world to places that would not necessarily see us send a scheduled service. With that in mind we would like you to layout an idea for a set of winter charters that would be flown on our two charter B757 during the winter months. Think about what we have done before and try to do something different. This could be flights directly offered by us (MetroAir) or could be flown on behalf of another airline who need more capacity. You must include the destinations offered (as many as you like) and a general reason behind it. Don’t try to make it to complicated we are just looking for your creativeness.
Feel free to add any additional comments or information that you think is important when your application is reviewed.
This Job Posting will officially close once we have found a suitable candidate. We look forward to hearing from you and Good luck!